Sunday, May 16, 2010

Looking Ahead

Now that I'm in the depths of the Ragnar training program (or, my adaptation of the two) and feeling good about my legs of the race... I want to set my next running goal to help keep this momentum going. 

SOooooo, I've decide to run the Georgetown Half Marathon.  Yep, it's a done deal... I'm proclaiming it to the world so that I will have to be accountable.  I'm gonna go register and pick up my packet tomorrow (before I change my mind) at Solepepper (you can register online but you have to play the packet pick-up game either on race day or a week before in Denver). 

The race is Saturday, August 14th, 8am.  And from what I understand (from many of you who have run it before) it's mostly downhill... and I'm thinking that is a good thing for my first half marathon.

Who's in?  It would be pretty dang cool to have as many of our teammates as possible sporting our M.O.M. tanks at this event.  And, I need all the support I can get!  (Kristin if you're reading this - respond! :)

By the way, did you hear about the woman who took 1st place in the Colorado Colfax Half Marathon today?  She did in 1:23... that's like a 6:33 pace... WOW!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm in too:) I just have to make sure I don't sign up for too many races between now and then:) Go M.O.M.'s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan--YEAAAA!! I think I'm in for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in...now I guess I'll have to start running!

    ReplyDelete