Thursday, June 3, 2010

HEADPHONES ARE BACK! RAGNAR CHANGED RULE BACK!!

New Rules
For safety reasons, we still strongly discourage the use of headphones. The safest and best answer is not to use them. If you still choose to use them, you do so at your own risk and must meet the following requirements:

1. Hear traffic
2. Be aware of the sounds around you
3. Be able to hear instructions from course officials when speaking at a reasonable tone (not yelling)

Strikes will be given out if you are unable to hear instructions. Three strikes on any rule may result in disqualification for your entire team.

Tips on safely listening to music
Should you choose to use a personal (or impersonal) listening device, below are some tips:
1. Put the headphones behind your ears rather than in your ears
2. Use one ear bud rather than two
3. Use a device likehttp://www.safesoundsports.com/product.html
4. Keep the volume low
5. Use a device like an iPhone or Blackberry on speaker mode


For those suffering from Post Traumatic Shock
For those of you suffering from Post Traumatic Shock, several support groups have sprung up on Facebook over this issue. (No, we're not kidding.) Our favorite is Ragnar you can light me up like a Christmas Tree, but don't take my MUSIC! We also know that running is an effective treatment for shock. We can help you there. See you all in two weeks.


Ragnar Staff
info@ragnarrelay.com

1 comment:

  1. Ok cool, now I got used to idea of not having it and in fact what I have noticed from racing is that when I do have music, my mind is so focused on running that I am not even listening really and end up turning it off because it is distracting. Crazy I know!! Also because I am running at like 2 AM I think I better listen for those scary mt lions that could be creeping up. eek! Good to know and I will bring it just incase :)

    ReplyDelete