Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm a WHORe

I was talking to Emily - a psycho trainer at Lifetime - and we were talking about racing (she is WAY out of my league, but I felt accomplished that I could at least follow her conversation).... anyway, she is on a Ragnar team for the race in Arizona, and they are actually trying to win the race - they were 2nd place last year.  Sorry ladies, with me on our team, it's a good thing that's not our goal (at least I hope not).

ANYWAY, we were talking about team names and she said there's this team call the "WHORes."  It stands for Women High On Running.  I had an awesome speed interval workout yesterday - seriously, probably my best running workout ever - and really got a sense of the runners high everyone talks about (I thought I'd achieved that before, but I don't think I had, cause this was different) - and I loved it!  YAY!

By the way, have you realized that our team name acronyms to MOM?  Just thought I'd throw that out there...

3 comments:

  1. I thought we were trying to win....you mean our average time of 10mins. or so isn't going to put us in 1st place...that sucks.

    I had noticed our name breaks down to MoM....not quite as glamorus as Whores but works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is cool. I dig that. I assume your speaking of Emily Boothe? Isn't she great! I heart her......and want to be like her when I grow up. (Not really but in the "I'm freaking strong and fast way") I'm pretty sure her and the trainer Phoenix Rain (Love his name) are dating. If they ever have a baby it will come out with a six pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing so hard. So when we need a little encouragement on race day we can yell ,"Come on WHORE--run faster."

    ReplyDelete