Sunday, March 28, 2010

I should be cleaning.....MY HOUSE IS A WRECK!

Hey ladies,
I wanted to check in and let you all know I miss your cute faces. I hope you are all handling the winter weather okay, I heard you were tortured pretty good with it.

Of course I wanted to share a running tip that works for me when I don't feel like running. Feel free to share yours as well.

Saturday morning I had my 12 mile run and for some reason after unpacking, cleaning, ripping apart walls, putting them back together, quick mealing, laundry doing, preschool finding, school enrolling, Travis being out of town (already I know), I didn't feel like running that far but alas it was needed. So what I do when I feel like this is I choose to run as far away from my house as possible. Just a straight line out. That way after I've run out for about 6 or so miles I have to get back somehow. If I ran in a circle or close by my house it's likely I could cut back home at any time I start feeling totally sick of it. It's a mind game but it works. Another tip is to run on busier roads. I don't mean "in the road" but on the sidewalk next to a busy road. I'm less likely to walk if there are a lot of people driving by that "might" be looking over at me, or I'll pretend an ex-highschool boyfriend is in the car driving by and I don't want him to see me walking do I? Make sure you run facing traffic for 2 reasons. 1--Safety. There are crazy drivers out there and if you are running on the shoulder of the road YOU need to watch out for the cars because they don't always watch out for you. 2--If you are running with traffic it feels like you are going so slow because all the cars are constantly passing you and even though they are in cars, we don't like to get passed do we? Do you have mind games that help you get through the tough runs?

Happy Running,
Adrienne

BTW: I just unpacked my camera today so I'll post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. You are a rock star!

    Don't worry about having a messy house. Whenever I get frustrated with mine, I remember that quote from Sis. Hinckley about when you get the pearly gates - ain't nobody gonna care how clean your house was. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you were going to be able to get out and run with Travis gone. Have you found a babysitter already? Did you find a gym to join? I am a strong believer in doing what needs to be done even if you don't feel great that day. I really think all of the miles and hard workouts pay off in the long run (well not your long runs, the general long run in life :)

    ReplyDelete