Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pain: It Reminds Me I'm Alive.

My typical weekly workout routine is to run 3 days a week (2 interval days on a treadmill at the gym and 1 long run outside), and 2 strength training group fitness classes (because I despise lifting weights on my own).  Mostly it's the strength training that makes me sore; but sometimes, randomly, it's the running.  Nevertheless, I'm used to being sore somewhere on my body.  All the time.  And I kind of like it.

Anyway, a few days ago I did a strength class that I haven't done in eons and it made me sore - per usual at first.  But then... HOLY MOLY... it made me sore in a place where I haven't been sore in a LONG TIME.  And I don't like it! 

It's my calves!  Of all the muscle groups, I dislike being sore in my calves the most.  Wearing 5" heels to church today didn't help.

Where do you dislike being sore the most?

4 comments:

  1. My shins of course...and my calves are always tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - did you do the FIT class on Friday? Sherri's squats & lunges usually kill me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I did Strictly Strength on Thurs w/ Brenda (I liked her). We did like 362 calf raises in different positions. Not my favorite class, but enjoyed the change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hamstrings - I hate how it makes it painful to sit to go to the bathroom:)

    ReplyDelete